Wissenschaftliche*r Mitarbeiter*in (f/m/d)
Three-year fixed-term position with the aim to work towards a
Philosophical Doctorate (PhD) (salary: 65% of EG 13/14 TV-L)
in the the department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery . Official start date:
PhD Topic: “Deep Machine learning to improve Magnetic Resonance
Imaging interpretation in Veterinary Neurology”
The Neurology and Neurosurgery service of the Department for Small
Animal Medicine and Surgery in collaborations with DOS Software-Systeme GmbH will investigate how and where artificial intelligence can help with the interpretation of magnetic resonance imaging of the brain.
- The student will gather and interpret various clinical and MRI data of dogs;
prepare data for AI training and evaluation; and help develop algorithms and
- If the candidate holds a degree for veterinary medicine, she/he has the
opportunity to gain more experience in routine clinical work and patient care
within a world-class and expanding neurology service.
Recruitments requirements, expertise and personal skills
- Candidates should have a bachelor or master degree (or equivalent) in human or
veterinary medicine, biology, other fields of natural sciences or health related computer sciences
- Experience with artificial intelligence, magnetic resonance imaging or
neuroscience is advantageous.
- The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, be fascinated by science and
technology and have the ability to work independently and in a team effectively.
- The candidate should speak and write English fluently. Good German skills are
beneficial, but are not mandatory.
The employment is temporary and will be compensated at 65% working time. The
salary will be based according to EXY TV-L (Tarifvertrag für den Öffentlichen Dienst
der Länder). Disabled applicants will be given preferential consideration in the case
of equal qualification.
Die TiHo als Arbeitgeberin
- Wir sind eine weltoffene Hochschule.
- In der Tiermedizin nehmen wir weltweit einen Spitzenplatz ein.
- Die Zufriedenheit unserer Beschäftigten liegt uns am Herzen.
- Wir bieten ein spannendes und abwechslungsreiches Arbeitsumfeld.
For further questions, please contact the PIs per email
(email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org). To apply please send (1) a letter of motivation, (2)
your CV with publication list, and (3) the contact details of at least
two referees to Dr. Jasmin Neßler (email@example.com). Review of applications will begin on September 30,
2021 until the position is filled.
The application documents will be destroyed after the completion of
the personnel selection procedure.
Your personal data will be treated confidentially. www.tiho-hannover.de/ds-be